Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Catching Up

Here's a peek into parts of what was keeping me busy! I was canning:


I made chow chow - a cabbage based relish with hot peppers.


I made some mild salsa and 24 hour garlic dill pickles.


And I had to leave the house while Bob made hot salsa. His main ingredient was habanero peppers. And I have an allergy to the oils in hot peppers - I truly can't even be in the same house while these are being processed.


And we took a pen turning class! Bob's is on the top in the picture. He has prior experience working on a lathe. I made the mistake of asking the instructor for help with what the different chisels would do. I should have asked Bob. The instructor was great with how to turn a straight sided pen - plus assembly, etc. But Bob has the chisel and lathe knowledge that the instructor didn't have. More work from the lathe coming next!

3 comments:

SissySees said...

Yummy, but the pens are the real stars!!!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Wishing I knew how to can and the pens are lovely:) Hugs Darcy

Bubblesknits said...

Mmmm...I love chow chow. Good stuff. The pens look beautiful, too!