Sunday, August 10, 2008

Still Catching Up

We've been back in PA for just over a week now, and I'm still catching up with the trip! Guess that's what happens when you are gone for almost a month and no time to blog.

Our show in Long Beach was over on a Sun night. We knew we didn't want to get into the Los Angeles Mon morning traffic, so drove a few hours Sun night. Right now, I can't remember the name of the town we stayed in. Small town in the middle of nowhere, but conveniently close to LA for those so inclined. We stayed in a small independent hotel. Scrupulously clean. The ac hadn't been turned on all day. Which in most hotels, isn't a big deal. But the giant thermometer outside said the temp was 97 degrees at 11:00 PM!



And I'm not sure I've ever been this close to Death Valley before!



This view reminded me of an old Japanese watercolor.



I think my next post can get us through Colorado and then we're home!

No comments: