Monday, August 17, 2009

Peach Crisp


I haven't posted a recipe in quite awhile! My main reason for posting recipes here is so that I can find them again later. This peach crisp recipe started from a recipe I printed off allrecipes.com. But I then changed almost everything!

This recipe made an 8 x 8 pan. For a 9x13, add more peaches.

6 peaches, peeled and sprinkled with about 1 tsp cinnamon and 1Tbl flour. Lightly grease pan and pour in peaches.

To peel peaches, dip in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then immerse in cold water. The peels will slip right off.

Crumb topping:

1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/3 - 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
dash salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine all topping ingredients, then cut in 1/2 cup margarine or butter until topping is about pea size.

Add desired amount of topping over peaches. Bake 350* for 35 - 40 minutes.

I had extra topping for my 8x8 pan. Next time, I might reduce flour and oats to 3/4 cup each and use about 6 Tbl butter. I used 1/2 cup sugars this time and will cut it down to 1/3 each next. My peaches were wonderfully ripe and juicy. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bubblesknits said...

I'll have to pass this recipe along to my mom. And thanks for the tip on how to peel the peaches! I hadn't heard of that one before. :-)