Monday, October 1, 2007

Do We Get Eye-Candy?


Well, I looked up how to add pictures into my post. And unless it is more complicated than the directions seem, this is a piece of cake! I'll try adding one now just to make sure that it works the way I think it does. And then tomorrow I'll post a picture of the socks I've finished knitting with the surprise gift from my Sockapalooza sock angel.

Oh, wow! That was easy. I'm on dial-up, so it wasn't fast. After posting, I'll check the size of the picture so I'll know if I need to go smaller next time. This beauty not only is the color of root beer, but SMELLS like root beer! This beautiful Iris came with my sweetheart. That, plus an antique quilt - not too shabby.

I missed one of the topics for the Dish Cloth Exchange. Last week's topic was to comment on our favorite part about autumn. Well, it sure isn't the cooler temps. I am a warm weather gal, and do not look forward to the winters here in PA. But the changing colors are tremendous. And in keeping with the whole autumn theme, this week's topic is all about food. Yes, I do cook more once it cools off. And I do use my crock pot alot. Comes in handy when your job entails working in the basement. Great to come upstairs and have dinner ready. My true favorite dinner is just to dump whatever into the crockpot. Chicken, whatever vegetables I have on hand. I do usually top the chicken with reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup. I am positive that food purists the world over just fainted dead away. But the chicken stays very moist and tender - it comes out so much nicer than just left to cook in its own broth.

Yesterday while reading blogs, I got up to date with the lovely Knit & Tonic. Seems she is catching some flack over her upcoming book. According to an unhappy someone she encountered "everyone" is writing a book. Gosh. I didn't know I was supposed to penning a book! I admire those that write. And especially those that can earn their living writing. And getting paid for patterns that they have designed? That would be stupendous. But the "suspect's" comment really has me confused. Is she/he jealous or just a very negative person? I have absolutely no desire to write a book. I am not a good enough writer, nor do I have the burning need to become one. My brain just doesn't work that way. You know the scene in the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie (for the life of me, the title escapes me) about the book store? Where Meg is typing on her computer and has to figure out what to say next out loud? Well, head shaking and all, that's rather my style of writing - just less verbal. Words do not flow out of the tips of my fingers (today's post not withstanding). There are lots of witty, charming, funny, serious, thought provoking (insert favorite descriptive phrase here) writers out there. I am inspired by many of them. But not jealous of their success.

I'm not sure exactly what is my "point." I suppose starting this blog has the brain cell whirling in circles. The mental confusion that Wendy's post caused has stayed with me for awhile. While falling asleep at night, very witty and charming posts are composed in my head. They must all leak out during the night, because I sure don't remember them in the morning! Bravo to those who do remember and are able to be charming and witty.

And I haven't been able to learn how to delete comments. I followed the lovely advise (and link) sent to my by Cathy-Cate (but I don't have a link for her - darn, I'm sure she's a lovely person. I mean, she helped out a total stranger!). I have cleaned up my cache (thank you google for the help!), and have refreshed several times. But the charming garbage can icon just doesn't appear for me. Ah, well. That apparently is knowledge to be gained another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the Iris picture! i wish i could smell them! i used to have some medium purple ones that smelled (to me) like grape candy.

i am very close to having finished your package, so i am glad you have mastered having photos on the blog!