Friday, June 12, 2009

Duluth, MN

So here we are in Duluth, MN. Haven't ever been to Duluth. I've been to Minneapolis before, so I've been to Minnesota. But Duluth is a lot further north - which would obviously impact the weather.

Here it is the (practically) middle of June. It's relatively cool here! I think the high temps have been in the 60's. Which for me is really bizarre. The convention center is across the street from Lake Superior. Yep, literally across the street! Well it may be the inner harbor or something like that, but Lake Superior is right there. Rather awesome.

If you are ever in Duluth, I recommend you eat at the Duluth Grill on 27th st. I don't know if there are other locations, but I can recommend the 27th St location. We ate breakfast and dinner there. They have a large selection of vegetarian items (with the note that the vegetarian options are cooked in the same kitchen with the other menu items. Considerate but I would have thought that would be obvious.) plus another section on the menu of gluten free items!

So for breakfast I had an omelet (egg white option available) made with roasted red peppers, pesto and feta cheese, fresh fruit and red flannel hash. The fruit was real fruit! A large strawberry, slice of pineapple, half a banana and a half slice of canteloupe. And the hash? Chopped sweet potato, carrot and beets.

And maybe it's the downtown/next to the lake location, but there were a lot of people enjoying the outdoor weather Wed afternoon as we were setting up our booth! A lot of walkers, some joggers, boats out on the lake, etc.

And while I thought I had free wifi for the rest of the week and could catch up with some blog posts, that may not be true. Radio silence may resume tomorrow. There seems to be some confusion at the hotel and they think they are moving me to another room tomorrow. I don't understand their end of the problem, but I have no idea what room I'll be in tomorrow night! Go figure.

1 comment:

Bubblesknits said...

We're at the beach and our wifi sucks. Checking blogs from the iPhone is okay though. LOL