Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Embrace the Lace Club

I joined Wool Girl's Embrace the Lace club. I haven't done anything with the first kit yet. Poor Bob is getting really tired of everything that comes in the mail being green, and the first kit was very green! But while in the green tone, this second kit didn't sit around long.

First of all, everything that you might hear about Wool Girl's packages is correct. She packs every shipment to the gills with fun and delight.



The fun project pouch on the left already saw duty as I carried Beach Glass around in it. The pouch is nice. It is designed for lace projects. It has metal grommets on two sides for you to run the ends of your circular needle through so the needle tips don't get tangled in your knitting! Rather clever.

This month's pattern was designed by Sivia Harding who is probably the queen of lace knitting with beads. This design is no exception. And then the yarn is cashmere!



The scarf is quite ingenious. You knit a three stitch rounded edge, the garter stitch "scarf" portion, then the beaded heart border. The center garter stitch part is gradually increasing - and then of course decreasing - throughout the scarf. Sivia has quite a decrease to make the point of the heart which you then top off with a bead! I really need sharper points on my needles. I'm using the crochet hook to pull the yarn through most of the decreases. Addi turbos just don't cut it, that's for sure!

4 comments:

Cookie said...

I love that project!

Have you tried the Addi Lace needles? They are nice and pointy. I love them for all things lace.

SissySees said...

I keep thinking I'm going to cast on for that... you make it look very tempting!

Alwen said...

Ohhh, that is very pretty!

I really need to get my knitting mojo back from wherever it has wandered off to.

Bubblesknits said...

Beautiful! I just got my sock kit from Woolgirl. I'm in love. :-)