Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heart to Heart Progress

So far, so good! I know I've said it before, but this pattern knits wonderfully. Everyone in the Rav Embrace the Lace group keeps raving about this kit. I'm half afraid to see what Jen picks to follow this one!

By the time I knit a second scarf for myself, I have to have a scale. My friend bought hers at Wegmans (grocery) and I've heard Bed, Bath & Beyond carries them. I don't think I'll run out of yarn. But when I do the next one, it would be nice to know if I could have knit more plain repeats. As it is, I knit the 14 increase sections, three plain (no increase/no decrease) sections, and I'm heading down the decrease sections.

4 comments:

SissySees said...

Scales are nice. The Knight bought me some - and a swift and winder - a couple of years ago, and I don't know what I'd do without it.

I'm really itching to cast on for this myself!

Cookie said...

Lovely scarf.

Have you looked online? Amazon has some nice ones that qualify for free shipping.

Alwen said...

Pretty!

If the yarn is light enough, you could use one of those dangly postal scales. Mine goes up to 4 oz/80 grams and was made by Pelouze.

Amazon shows the thingie I mean here
http://www.amazon.com/Take-Along-Capacity-0-5-oz-Increments-PELG080/dp/B0017DD6XC
but says it's unavailable, so where you'd buy one these days I don't know!

Bubblesknits said...

We've got a scale, but I think it got left on top of the toaster oven one too many times. lol

Love the way the scarf is looking! Beautiful!