Thursday, April 3, 2008

90. Ten on Tuesday - Thursday edition

Since I've been playing blog post catch-up, I got a bit out of control! Unbelievably, I managed to get everything caught up and resorted to a cartoon much less than I thought I would need to. Due to the Wee Tiny swap, I even had blog news and missed the Ten on Tues. And this week's topic is near and dear to my heart (and wallet). Name 10 things you would remodel in your home if money were not an object.

Well, ever since I bought this house, it's been an on-going remodel. And there are still very many things to change.

1. Well, the overall size! And this is hopefully going to happen this summer. My home is only 900 square feet. With the addition going on this summer, it will be almost double that.

2. The kitchen - cupboards are from the 50's, etc. So new cupboards, updated counter tops (granite maybe?), tile floors, and an island with a working sink. I would still keep my main sink though. In fact, when I move, I'm taking it with me. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I love this sink. It's an old porcelain one with built in drain boards on each side of the double sink.

3. The bathroom just needs finished - final paint, trim, etc.

4. Refinish the hardwood floors.

5. Fix the yard. Just dig it up, put in french drains, and then level the darn thing.

6. A bigger bedroom. Which goes along with the size of the house right now.

7. A studio. I'm a quilter. And for the first time in maybe 25 years, I don't have a sewing room. Now I'm also a knitter. I have a mental picture of my new studio. Lots of natural light. Hardwood floors. At least one wall is floor to ceiling storage - bookcases, drawers, shelves, etc. A small couch/loveseat at one end next to a comfy chair. And room for a spinning wheel. I don't know how to spin. But I'd like to give it a try.

8. A larger garage. I technically have a garage right now. But it's not actually big enough to put a car in.

9. The addition involves siding (and windows). But Bob recently put new siding up on most of the house. Not on anything that will be torn up in the remodel though.

10. Some stained glass windows. Maybe one in the studio.

You know, when you're seriously looking at major construction, everything just kinda gets lumped together!

No comments: