Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Topic 3 already!

Every holiday has oddball things available to use for decoration, have in the house, or wear - some things are stranger than others. What's the oddest/strangest/weirdest Halloween decoration you have ever gotten for your home? Or, if you've never had a "wow, did I REALLY buy that?!" moment - what's the strangest Halloween decoration you've seen somewhere else?

Ohhh! This is a toughie - I'm really drawing a blank here. So I think instead of the oddest, I'm going to tell about a favorite! Cheating, I know, but there you have it.

While still married, we owned a dry cleaners. Which I detest the thought of to this very day. But we lucked into some wonderful babysitters for the boys. Shelly didn't do a lick around the house. She played with the boys. Took them places, played games, etc. I'd come home from work and the living room would be a complete wreck - they'd been making forts all day. that sort of stuff. And they really went to town around Halloween. All of the doorways would be decorated with wisps of paper decorations they had spent hours cutting. Steamers of bats and pumpkins. Those spider web things you can buy would be dripping from the corners with fun plastic spiders dangling from them. You could barely open a closet sometimes for the webs draped in all the corners. There was a doorway (well, the doorway is still there I'm guessing, it's just not my doorway anymore) from the kitchen area into the living room that always seemed to get special attention. "Creepy" decorations were always hanging from this area.

I sure hope the boys remember this as fun and good because I sure hated being away from them.

No comments: