Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's a rescue!

I was at the HMQS show in Salt Lake city last weekend. The best part of working at all these shows is the wonderful people I meet at every single show. This one of course was no different.

The vendor across the aisle (our "nametags" didn't actually have a name, but I think I can find out what it is) has this "thing" for cross stitch she finds in thrift stores. It absolutely drives her crazy. She buys them all and then puts them in a big basket in her booth to be adopted. This is my rescue haul:



I actually have plans for all of them! These two little pieces will be added to a crazy quilt piece I'm planning:



This one is my absolute favorite. I'm hoping to find an antique oval frame this will fit.



And in the spirit of the rescue basket, this piece will be included in the next charity quilt I make:



I can't actually believe I was this fortunate. Just think .... all these finished pieces and it didn't take me months to do the work!

1 comment:

Bubblesknits said...

Huh! Neat finds! :-)