Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is NOT my work

Last weekend, we were working at the Home Machine Quilting Show in Salt Lake City. This is a few of the pictures I took of quilts at the show. I did not make any of these quilts, but was stunned by all of them.

I must have taken 20 shots of this quilt.





The maker's information she provided:



This quilt is made from an antique table cloth! Definately gave me ideas for some table cloths I have in the closet:





And in a wonderful justaposition of fabric, pattern and timetables, here is a closeup of a grandmother's flower garden quilt done in civil war reproduction fabrics. And for the non-quilters, according to quilt historians, the pattern was not around during the civil war. This quilt is wonderfully made and a real beauty.





On my computer, when I click on a picture, a larger view opens. I hope it does for you too!

No comments: