Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Cutest Booties EVER


On Sunday I knit three booties during our winter storm. Notice I knit three and a pair is just that - two. Well, I'm not sure if it was the first or second bootie that I knit, but I think I knit an extra garter ridge in the foot portion. And in something this small, two extra rows makes a difference. I think I'll knit another bootie with extra rows so that I'll have another pair. These were made from a strand of mystery DK wool and a strand of fingering weight held together. I know the mystery wool is washable. I knit some mittens for a friend with this yarn, and washability is a must for her.

I used Saartje's bootie pattern found here. I thought the pattern was very well written and easy to understand. And just about the most adorable bootie pattern ever!

No comments: