Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it dinner yet?

I've been using my crockpot a lot lately. I work from home. Which usually means that I don't have set working hours. I really appreciate the convenience of dinner being ready whenever I'm hungry! Finding the Crockpot Love group on Ravelry has been a lot of fun. And finding the Crockpot 365 blog has been great! I just made the Salsa Chicken and black bean soup recipe. Oh.my.gosh. That is so good. The smell made me hungry and it was tough waiting until dinner time! I used dry beans that I soaked overnight. And you do need to remember one thing with dried beans - salty or high acid foods will not let the beans get tender. I cooked the beans and broth alone for several hours on high before adding the rest of the ingredients. I also added some chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper and some sliced carrots. Absolutely yummy.

No comments: