Friday, January 2, 2009

NaKniMitMo

Jan has been named National Knit Mittens Month. I can go along with that. I mean, the koolhaas gloves were supposed to be part of that. I haven't done much charity knitting for awhile. So I'm thinking to do some mittens for that - either Mittens for Akkol or CIC. Probably plain vanilla mittens. Or maybe some Very Cabley Mittens I also want to knit the Druid Mittens pattern since it was published in the Fall Vogue. Those will be for me! And not too long ago, I bought the book Knitting New Mittens & Gloves by Robin Melanson. Maybe something from there like Golden Bracelets (technically gloves, but who cares!)or Jack in the Box Mittens. I'm not sure if/when I'd make them, but I really like the idea of the Strata pattern. Strata consists of coordinating gloves, fingerless gloves and short fingered gloves to mix and match and wear together depending upon how cold it is. Ingenious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ack! Now my mitten list is even longer. Strata looks like a really cool pattern. :) I'm looking forward to seeing your project!