Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Yarn Harlot and I

I have come to the realization that I do not have enough silence in my day. I haven't been sleeping well at night even though I'm exhausted. And when I do sleep, I have wierd dreams. I won't bother you with the one night before last - it still creeps me out!

But last night, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee showed up at my house! Totally unexpected, but she came knocking at the front door. She brought a chicken for the next night's dinner and needed two limes for the marinade. Steph wasn't too happy that I only had lemons in the house. She did like the soap in my shower (from gotsoap.com) and teased me about needing to buy toothpaste. (Even in my dreams I need to go to the store! Yikes) She's just as entertaining, witty, and fun in "real life" as you would expect. I'm not sure what she brought to knit, but of course there was knitting.

There are several bright, glaring problems with this whole thing. All seem about equally important, but the most obvious are:

a. I don't know Stephanie! She'd be welcome, but why is she showing up at my house??
b. We don't live in the same country even.
c. She's a vegetarian. Brought chicken for dinner??

At least it was fun while it lasted.

If we ever get everything ready, we are leaving for shows in Phoenix and Denver. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

lol Sounds like an entertaining dream!

Anonymous said...

Remind me to tell you aout my Denzel Washington dream sometime!

Felicia said...

Sounds great Emma! Because Denzel is SO much sexier than the Yarn Harlot!