Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Drat!

I'm a member of the Harry Potter Lover's group in ravelry. Several months ago, someone got the great idea to swap knit or crocheted squares to reproduce Ron's blanket. I'm hosting the second block swap. Well, we're in Ohio right now for a quilt show. Down time while getting to and from Ohio, so I brought along several selected patterns, yarn and needles.

Well, the drat part is the yarn! It's yarn I received in a swap from a fellow raveler. Nothing wrong with the yarn. And it's a color that would be great for the swap. But the blocks are to be made from worsted weight yarn ..... and this is bulky. Drat, drat, drat. Thought I'd have a great start on the blocks I need for the swap. Hopefully, I'll be so incredibally busy during the show that at night I'll be too tired to knit.

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

That's something I would do. Any yarn shops close by that you could pick up what you need?

Felicia said...

Nahh...I'm working at the convention center from 8 am until 6 pm - so no possibility of finding a yarn shop. By the time we leave here, we are absolutely starved so dinner is more important!

kristin said...

I know it's a little late, but I don't think there's a problem with using bulky yarn - some people have used fingering weight. Molly would love all squares!