Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hot Pad swap

I am really looking forward to this swap. My great-aunt taught me to crochet making potholders from crochet thread. I think I'll be using something a bit heavier for this swap!

I've found several patterns that I like. The rules are to knit five of the same pattern, but I'd like to keep track of these patterns.

First, go check out Purple and Paisley. She claims to be a beginner, but look several posts down at her wonderful samples! This one I especially like.

This potholder reminds me of ones my aunt made. Not exactly the same, but similar. But the pattern is in a Japanese book. This pattern is called Gehaekelte Topflappen is looks really cool. Right before leaving for this trip, I printed off the pattern for these Orange Slice Potholders. I can see I'll have my work cut out for me just deciding on a pattern!

edited to add....Oh, no! My first Ravelry pattern search was for "hot pad." I just typed "pot holder" into the search box and and got even more designs to choose from!

1 comment:

Bubblesknits said...

You know, our potholders are starting to look pretty dingy. I might look up some of those patterns and see about making some new ones.