Saturday, March 21, 2009

Joining Fever

Guess what I just joined??



Crocheted pot holder swap info can be found here. But hurry - deadline is 3/21.

But that wasn't all. Apparently I caught the joining bug tonight. Rather like cast-on-itis, but without the actual knitting! For many years, I collected tins. And then it got out of hand. There were tins literally everywhere in my house. When I got divorced, I bought a 900 sf home. And the majority of the empty tins were given to the local thrift shop. Who were very excited of course. Anyway...awhile ago, a thread started on Ravelry titled "What's in your altoid tin?". The thread was popular, spawned a group, spawned several swaps. Round 2 is just starting. Send a small tin, some things to fit into tin and some special something. Limited to 50 people and I got in early. Just think - a small tin in your knitting bag that holds scissors, tape measure, needles, stitch markers, etc, etc. I hope it is going to be as much fun as I think it will be.

Oh, that's not too bad after all! Somehow, I thought it was worse than that.

1 comment:

Alwen said...

Many people on the tatting lists have TAS (Tin Acquisition Syndrome). The Whitman tins are nice, a bit bigger than the Altoids one, but my very favorite tatting-kit-in-a-tin was a two-shuttle project with a tiny folding scissors in one of the Altoids Sours round tins.