Sunday, February 17, 2008

48. Weekly topics

I'm behind on my weekly topics for the Defeat the Winter Doldrums dishcloth swap. Since I've kept up with all the topics, I don't want to flake now, so here goes....

Week 4: How do we get rid of our winter doldrums?....I'm usually a pretty upbeat sort of person. But those natural light bulbs sure are a help. I'm usually a stickler about turning off lights, but occasionally I have been known to leave a few extra lights burning when it seems espeically gloomy. And sometimes, I just have to force myself to go do something. Rather like right now - I need to be in the basement working!

Week 5's topic is much more interesting to me.

If money were no object, and the day was just perfect - not to hot, not too cold, sun shining, slight breeze - how would you spend a perfect day out that had been given to you in the middle of a cold and blustery winter?

Oh, definately outside. Since money is not an object, then place is no object either. My first thought was oceanside. I absolutely love the water. I don't really need to be actually "in" the water either. Being near water is soothing to me. Must be the Aquarius coming out. But mountains would work too. Or Rome! A walk along the streets, lunch from a sidewalk vendor, a museum or church tour. Knitting at a table outside of a cafe. Did you know that in Italy there are two prices for each item? One price if you are going to eat/drink the item at the counter or to go, and a second (higher) price if you are going to sit at a table? No matter. Bob is a great companion and he would also enjoy the walking, touring, and outside cafe sitting. He'd just leave the knitting to me though. I'd have lunch sitting on the steps around the Trevi Fountain. When I was there, it was amazing the variety of people having lunch there! School kids, young professionals, and military!





Ok - I've put this off quite long enough. I'm off to change my clothes and head into the basement for a bit of work. I'm leaving Wed morning to work at a quilt show in VA. Come see me at the Hampton Coliseum. I'll be working for Patchwork Plus in booth 805 (I think!).

No comments: