Thursday, January 17, 2008

18. I've been tagged!

And in the interest of Blog 365, that's pretty exciting news! Michelle tagged me for the 7 random things. Michelle and I have talked on the phone and swapped emails. I can't wait to meet her in person for some chatting and knitting. Anyway...

These are the rules:

List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
Tag seven people to do the same.
Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag “whoever wants to do it”.

Since I'm such a new blogger, this should be fairly easy.

1. I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps. As focused as they are on physical fitness, it's a shame I never was good at running.

2. My parents divorced when I was an infant and my father was awarded sole custody. Musta been pretty bad, is all I can think.

3. I haven't seen my mother since.

4. I am an oldest child and a middle child. My father remarried when I was young. His wife had a son 9 months older than me that sometimes lived with us.

5. I love swimming. The only physical exercise I can think of that you don't get sweaty. Wet from the water doesn't count.
5.1 - Pre-divorce/major stress time in my life, I took up jogging. Mind you, I probably looked like I was doing a bouncy walk. There were too many other things wrong - sweat didn't bother me any. But it did contribute to my extreme thinness at the time - that and the no eating because of stress!

6. And yet, I totally enjoy spinning (torture on stationery bike).

7. But am anxious to learn about spinning (fiber). Hopefully this will be the year I can try out a wheel!

Wow, that was easy. After the first two, the rest just roll out of the finger tips and I could have just kept typing. Rather scary actually since I'm usually a very private person.

Well, I think I'm going to tag a few people from the cocoa swap and hope for the best! So I'll tag Ger, Lori, Maria, Charity , Brenda, Angela, and Tricia. We're supposed to be reading each other's blogs and getting to know each other, so I'll hope some of them pop over here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh how is it that I didn't read this before we drove together for 2 hours today ;-) I taught spin classes in NC and miss it terribly,a nd I"m an avid runner... :-)

trash said...

Hey! Did you mean me?