Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year to All!

My wish for each and every one of us is for a new year full of promise, hope, joy, and prosperity. May we rise to the challenge of each new opportunity that presents itself. And remember to accept each day for the gift that it truly is.
---------------
In keeping with yesterday's post, I need to purchase some super-wash wool tomorrow. We just found out that a young woman that I used to work with is very ill and in the hospital. In today's medical world, you have to be really sick to be admitted to the hospital. Once released, it is expected that she won't be able to return to work for several weeks. So some warm slippers seem needed. I'll pick up some super wash tomorrow and it won't take long to knit up a pair of cozy slippers.
----------------
I recently came across the blog of someone who posts weekly goals. I like that. Concise and obtainable. Let's see if I can stick with something similar. For the coming week, I would like to:

1. Knit and then deliver (the tough part for me to actually accomplish) slippers for Jen
2. Finish at least one sleeve on Mr. Greenjeans
3. A journal entry
I have a mixed media journal I started. I did several pages and have let it languish ever since. I'd like to get in the habit of at least a weekly entry. A 4x6 glue card? Maybe a fabric page? I have always been inspired by the journal quilt exhibit at Quilt Festival. And 2007 was the last time for that exhibit. I suppose I need to make a decision on size at least so that I can get started. If I do a consistent size, even if the pages are fabric or mixed medium, the pages can later be bound into a book.
All of these goals are easily attained. Nothing like starting off the new year on an easy note!

No comments: