I got my notice last night that I've been accepted into the Hot Cocoa Swap! And since we're having cold weather, and I'm perpetually cold, that sure sounds fun to me. I try to keep the swaps down to a minimum. I don't want too many obligations at once. That way, I get to actually enjoy the whole process. And this will be not only fun, but a pretty easy swap. So here's my questionnaire:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk?
Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I do usually use a mix made with hot water. And I haven't found a home made recipe yet that mixes as well as the store bought mixes. I can remember my Grandma standing at the stove making hot chocolate with milk. What a great memory - and taste! And definately a big mug.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Marshmallows are better - always.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I prefer natural fibers. I haven't ever used alpapca or some of the other yummy fibers other than wool. I tend to like dark colors over pastels and wear a lot of blue, purple, red, and green.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I'd love to try some of the KnitPicks needles. I haven't tried any of either the Options or the new Harmony.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
Pretty much - except for stitch markers. I haven't yet learned how to make them.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
See the above mentioned needles.
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
Washcloths, socks, and slippers.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Gee, that's a tough one. I'm not a winter sports type person. Unfortunately, I think I'd have to say snuggle up with a new book (knitting or otherwise) and a great project.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Pet wise, it would be a dog (but don't currently have one). I really enjoy watching the birds though.
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
A bit. I keep more lights on in the winter - sometimes that electric bill is worth it.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Well, the standby of hanging out with friends. Which isn't always easy to do. I enjoy going to my local bookstore and browsing all the new mags with a 'cuppa.'
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Spring flowers. Warmer temperatures. Opening the windows. And the possibility of moving to a warmer climate - this should be the year!
6. What are your favorite treat?
Cookies - hands down fav dessert. Dark chocolate. Nuts. Unfortunately, I like 'em all - salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy!
7. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble - my family can play a mean game of scrabble!
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have two grown sons that are both on their own and no fur creatures.
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?