Thursday, March 6, 2008

59. No more humdrum mittens around here!

Emma sent me Bird in Hand mittens! Which I think is wonderfully funny. She sent me lots of emails while I was whining about the Bird in Hand mittens I was knitting. This was my first colorwork pattern and I had first timers stress over it. And she sent all these encouraging emails without ever giving away that she had started the exact same pattern for me!
On to the pictures!

Everything was wrapped in lovely spring colored tissue paper. And look at all those goodies! Emma sent (not only the wonderful mittens), but yarn and a pattern for another pair. Knit Picks Merino Style in bare and coal with a pattern for Herringbone Mittens with Poms, more Knit Picks Bare and kool-aid. She included her "recipe" to dye the yarn to make stripes, a bar of Leslie's Garden soap in "Herb Walk," a large tin of Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate, and the coolest looking journal (on the lower right).

Oh, and the mittens. The yarn is also Knit Picks in their Wool of the Andes. The yarn is soft and feels good on my hands. And the mittens fit wonderfully. Which is good since there isn't a lot you can do to size stranded color patterns.

Emma, that was a fantastic swap package you sent! I'll be keeping my eye on the swap blog to see what goodies your pal sends to you. And I'm truly sorry you don't yet have a blog of your own. Just a hint though: it's really easy to start and I'm having fun with mine!

No comments: